Lucyd Ico Reddit
If you believe that smartglasses are a thing of the past, you are incorrect.
Lucyd is the project that presents something never seen previously– smart-glasses integrated with blockchain technology called Lucyd Lens
Read this Lucyd ICO Review and discover more about the job and the investment chance.
Introduction to Lucyd Lens.
Lucyd is, generally, a spectacles business which prepares to revolutionize their field by not just making much better glasses however also making them clever.
The primary fuel of these glasses is going to be the blockchain technology, which is exactly what makes this job interesting for both future users and possible investors.
What they aim to do is make the increased truth (AR) app ecosystem in common glasses.
The glasses will likewise be adjustable to light levels and corrective lenses will also be consisted of. This means that they will look similar to other kind of glasses from the outdoors, however from your perspective– there will be a celebration going on.
You are probably doubting this point– how is this different than, say, Google Glass? You have every right to question.
However, regardless of the reality that Google Glass was hyped, it ultimately wound up as a failure since there were very few alternatives offered and the UX was terrible.
The group at Lucyd is quite familiar with this fact, that is why they are are avoiding all the risks of Google Glass and other comparable jobs by presenting blockchain technology, therefore making a decentralized platform.
In Lucyd Lens designers will have the ability to produce content which will be rewarded with LCD tokens– cryptocurrency built for their ecosystem, which will be talked about later.
If the AR app made by a developer ends up being popular and has excellent scores, the developer will get more tokens. Additionally, the glass will have both their own type of platform, however it will also be connected to iOS and Android.
We believe that this is a pretty useful way to use blockchain which creating an ecosystem within AR sounds extremely promising.
Connecting an AR to glasses is not an originality, however there were not really successful ones in the past either.
The only issue that we see as possible here is the competition stealing the idea and implementing them into their glasses.
Lucyd ICO– Investment Opportunity
Exactly what they take pride in in their white-paper is the fact that they own 13 unique patents which will be combined to make these glasses. This truth refutes the idea of other big business stealing it, but everything is possible in the IT nowadays.
They likewise provide a list of all thirteen patents and their brief descriptions.
Moreover, they do not joke when they predict that their glasses will surpass the number of sales of smart devices by 2025 and guarantee that now is the best time to support AR, whether as an investor or as a designer.
We concur that the golden age of AR is coming which everyone needs to support this job. The team promises that the purchasers of their LCD tokens will be amongst the first to own the smartglasses, when they become available worldwide.
Lucyd Lens Team
Lucyd Team is for nor relatively small and consists of eight individuals. All of them are mere experts in their tasks. Here is a list of them with their abilities and achievements written in brief.
– Clifford Gross, Ph.D., MBA– Clifford is a CEO of Tekcapital, a business which promotes ideas from universities and helps them grow. He is likewise a global tech transfer expert. Currently, Clifford holds the position of a CEO in the Lucyd project.
– Konrad Dabrowski, CPA– Konrad is a professional accountant and a professional in monetary guideline. He utilized to work for Deloitte– currently the best accounting company worldwide. He is also the co-founder of the Lucyd task and holds the position of the financing lead.
– Eric Cohen– Eric is the software lead in the project as well as a co-founder. Apart from having great experience in software application and iOS app development, he also works as CEO at Emaze Design Agency.
– Harrison Gross– The fourth co-founder and the primary designer of the interface of Lucyd. Harrison likewise works as a media lead for the platform. In addition, he is also a digital media manager at Tekcapital.
– Mike Kayat, Ph.D., MBA– Mike has been working as an expert physicist for more than 20 years. He is enthusiastic about marketing and establishing new innovations connected with optics. Mike has actually worked as a VP at Exta and now serves as the optics lead at Lucyd.
– Jose Enrique Hernandez– Jose is a blockchain lead in the project and he has extensive knowledge of blockchain software. Jose utilized to work as a security designer for Splunk and functioned as a director in Zenedge.
– Maria Kowalski– Maria is a genuine rockstar in the team, having received an Emmy for SoyTed on Tedtalk. She utilized to work in Entertainment and is responsible for the recognition of several worldwide popular brands. Maria works as a market lead on the task.
– Amarilis Zozaya– Amarilis works on the project as a PR lead for Latin American countries. She has 15 years of experience, creating communications projects for both people and agencies.
Lucyd Lens Advisors
The group of consultants is also remarkable and includes 9 professionals. Both the team and advisors are likely to broaden in the future. Here is the list of all consultants and their brief bio.
– Professor Janick Rolland, Ph.D.– Rolland is a professional in optical science, having actually gotten her Ph.D. in 1990 from the University of Arizona. She presently acts as a director at NSF I/UCRC Center for Freeform optics and works as a CTO at LighTopTech Corp.
– Professor Yiorgos Kostoulas, Ph.D.– Kostoulas currently works as a Licensing Analyst at Vanderbilt University, and he wants to combine marketing with optics, particularly optical spectroscopy. He works as a science consultant at Lucyd.
– Mikhail Gutin, Ph.D.– There is not much details on Gutin on his LinkedIn profile, it just states that he is a president of Applied Science Innovations, Inc. and that he functions as science advisor and optics expert on Lucyd task
– Leo Baldwin, M.S.– Baldwin has a really remarkable bio. He worked as a principal engineer at Amazon and functioned as a research study fellow on GoPro. He is an acting president of Functional Photonics, a company that provides consulting in the field of optics and machine vision. Baldwin likewise serves as a science consultant and AR/VR advisor on the Lucyd job.
– Donna Waters, M.S.– Waters works presently as the primary optical specialist at Proof of Concept Optical Engineering LLC. Her work history also includes functioning as a Senior Optical Engineer at Micron Technology, and now she functions as a science advisor for Lucyd.
– Professor Hao Li, Ph.D.– Hao Li also has a substantial work history, having actually participated in numerous projects and numerous types of research study. He is a CEO and Co-founder of Pinscreen and serves presently as the director of the vision and graphics lab at USC Institute for Creative Technologies.
– Maribeth Gandy Coleman, Ph.D.– Gandy Coleman is the Co-founder of Aura Interactive LLC and works on three positions at the Georgia Institute of Technology. She is an AR science advisor for the Lucyd Lens.Lucyd Ico Reddit
– Kunio Okudua– Okuda is the blockchain investor and consultant for Japan and Asia on the Lucyd job.
– Steven Ormond-Smith, FCCA– Ormond-Smith is the blockchain financier and consultant for Europe.
Info on Token Sale
Lucyd Token (LCD) will be the main method to pay for the hardware and software that will be a part of Lucyd.
The token is developed on the Ethereum blockchain and it is compatible with ERC20.
This is a big advantage because this permits the LCD to be compatible with other wallets, exchanges and other types of monetary infrastructure.
LCD will not, nevertheless, have an immediate function when it comes to the very first short period the glasses will serve as the extension to smart devices and their environments until the community around LCD is developed.
The variety of tokens is limited to 100 million. The token sale events provide 50 million tokens.
The soft cap goal for them is 1.5 million and the hard cap is 10 million USD.
The pre-ICO (pre-sale) began on 17th of October 2017 and ended on 31st of December 2017 at which point the main LCD sale began.
The pre-sale used tokens for a 40% discount rate, which meant that you could have purchased them for $.15.
The ICO will last until 28th of February 2018, which indicates that, at the point of composing this short article, there is still circa 30 days up until the sale is finished.
The tokens can be purchased by all the major currencies, along with USD, BTC, and ETH. If the supply is diminished before 28th of February, the sale will stop.
Likewise, if there are any unsold tokens, they will be burned at the end of the sale.
What comes as peculiar to us is that there is no details on the current development of the sale.
Either we were not able to discover these pieces of info or the team chose not to release results before 28th of February.
This is not an always bad move, however we salute openness when it comes to ICO and crowd sales.
Among the previous areas discusses that token holders will have exclusive rights when it comes to Lucyd.
This implies that individuals who buy 5000 LCD will be able to obtain the glasses specifically when they become available.
Equated into USD, this means that you will essentially need to pay $1250 for 5000 LCD.
Whitepaper ReviewLucyd Ico Reddit
The whitepaper represents completely all the details that you as a potential user of their product have to know when it comes to this kind of glasses, AR/VR and blockchain technology.
On the other hand, there is inadequate information on individuals who work on the project.
In addition, the whitepaper does not have more comprehensive information when it pertains to service, marketing, and finance.
For that reason, it is perfect from the scientific viewpoint, while the economic point of view is disregarded.
The long and winding road to the first Lucyd smartglasses began with 13 HMD patents that were established at UCF.
Those patents were licensed later and the core staff was employed and briefed.
The next big action included presale which ended with the New Year celebration.
Currently is the regular sale in progress and it will be ended up by 28th of February. 2018 is also booked for brand, software application and product planning.
The plan is to establish the very first hardware prototype by the end of September and begin establishing, at that point, iOS/Android compatibility and apps.
The last quarter of 2018 belongs to the focus group testing, and the product will officially be released to LCD holders in the first quarter of 2019.
This is a pretty basic and uncomplicated map.
It is even a bit enthusiastic, in our opinion, to state that the item will be complete in less than a year, considering the fact that the item itself is truly revolutionary.
Benefits and drawbacks
- Fantastic group that includes specialists in AR and optics
- Revolutionary concept that can end up being a global phenomenon in a relatively brief time period
- Tokens are low-cost and the ICO is currently underway
- Roadmap is really clear and succinctLucyd Ico Reddit
- White-paper lacks correct explanations concerning marketing and company
- There is no details on how the sale goes so far
- The competitors might somehow take the concept
This is definitely an ambitious project and it would be actually amusing to see the prototype as quickly as possible.
If you are into VR/AR and you were passionate when Google Glass was launched, you need to be again, since the task is definitely more total and more appealing.
On the other hand, we do not know much about the task, and apart from the preliminary 13 certified patents, there is still no profess on the prototype itself.
Therefore, we are enthusiastic and we believe that it deserves buying a number of LCD tokens to support the team.
If you are very enthusiastic, you might as well buy the 5000 LCD bundle and be amongst the first individuals to get the Lucyd Lens.
Lucyd Ico Reddit