CoinLoan ICO Review and Summary
Check out this CoinLoan ICO review to find out more about the platform itself and why it is a good investment opportunity.
This revolutionary idea will let you lend and borrow money. There is nothing new about it.
However, when you add the notion of cryptocurrency, it certainly becomes an interesting idea worth our attention and, perhaps, our investment.
You can check out CoinLoan’s website at coinloan.io and see for yourself what type of project this is.
The people who created it aimed to solve currently big problems in the lending industry that both people who borrow funds and who lend funds face on a daily basis.
This deposit will act as collateral for your borrowings. Once you deposit, you can borrow fiat funds which are up to 70% worth of your current crypto funds which you had deposited.
If you fail to return the amount that you have borrowed, your deposited crypto assets will be transferred to the lender as a repayment.
On the other hand, lenders can deposit fiat funds and enjoy as their interests on the deposited money slowly do the job and increase their assets.blockw
The risks of their money not being returned by the borrower are non-existent because they will, either way, be repaid in crypto assets that the borrower deposited as collateral.
Sounds interesting but slightly complicated, when put this way.
However, they have a thorough FAQ on their website that explains the whole process step by step.
What matters to us is that they plan to go global with this project, meaning that people on a global scale will be able to loan and borrow funds on the website, using cryptocurrency as a security measure.
For now, they plan to introduce several fiat currencies – USD, EUR, GBP, CNY, JPY, RUB, CHF, PLN, and CZK.
In this matter, we salute the originality of the idea and how it fits perfectly with the currently popular technology.
Furthermore, they will use something called a CoinLoan Token (CLT), which is basically a cryptocurrency of their own that they sell in their ICO.
- Paying the platform fees, as the platform will charge every loan.
- Using them as every other crypto asset on the website – as collateral.
The main reason why we recommend buying CoinLoan Token (CLT) is that if you plan to use their services, CLT will have a slight advantage in comparison to other types of cryptocurrency.
If you use CLT as collateral, you will not have to pay the platform fee that you would have to pay with other crypto assets.
Furthermore, you will be able to raise the loan of the 80% of the current market value of CLT, whereas you will be able to raise 70% with other types of crypto funds.
Sure, just as every other ICO, this one is a bet when it comes to buying their tokens.
Their idea is interesting and they aim globally, which means that they will certainly hit some minor obstacles during their expansion.
Although the future is always unforeseeable, CoinLoan’s team provides a pretty strong white paper supporting their idea and how they plan to make it come true.
What we see as potential obstacles include a potential competition and reaching to the countries that still do not have the technology developed enough.
On the other hand, even if they manage to carry their platform into effect only in several countries with a strong economy, it will still become a very successful platform.
The Team behind CoinLoan
Although never explicitly on the website, we have found out that the project is Estonian, which should count as a big advantage due to the fact that Estonia is currently one of the most forward-thinking countries in terms of IT.
Estonian government is also very open towards blockchain technology. This is a reason good enough to provide the safe growth of the CoinLoan.
Alex Faliushin is the CEO of the project and has been in the IT and finances for more than seven years.
His LinkedIn states that he specialized in international payment solutions as well as the organization of processing and accepting payment in high-risk industries.
The CTO of the CoinLoan, Max Sapelov is an expert for security, system architect and software engineer.
He is also very enthusiastic about crypto and blockchain technology.
Both Max and Alex have a security company called IT Security Group, which seems to have fallen into oblivion when they started working on this project.
Other team members will be listed below, together with their job title in the CoinLoan project.
- Eugene Landau – lead developer
- Alex Marsoff – designer
- Eugene Rudenko – frontend developer
- Anna Salyuta – digital marketing manager
- Mike Rozhko – business developer
- Semen Zverev – lead engineer
- Valentin Pivovarov – ambassador
- Nika Marin – community manager
The team presented on their website consists of the people listed above and we think that they all are professionals in their field of work.
What may come as a disadvantage currently is the size of their team, as we believe that for a project this big, more people are required in a team in order to get the work done faster and more effective. We honestly hope that their team expansion is planned.
Now, their team may be small, but the people who cooperate with them and provide support are certainly experts in their areas. CoinLoan is sure to get their advice from the best. Here is a list of this interesting bunch, with a short summary of their work history and proficiency.
- Mike Shokin – a financial analyst who is knowledgeable in corporate finance, making sure to use his skills and extend them to the technologies of blockchain and cryptocurrency. He worked as a research analyst in ING Barings and was teaching in NYU. He has degrees from Baruch College, New York, and SOAS.
- Desmond Marshall – founder and MD of Roufe Ventures, Desmond Marshall stands for a professional in his area. His company provides strategic consulting for investment. Desmond, together with his company, provided consulting for many governments as well as old and new companies worldwide.
- Anton Sergeev – a professional banker with more than 15 years of corporate finance experience. Anton seems eager to help all the start-ups that involve any type of finance. Having a whole history of successful start-ups, he seems to be the perfect advisor on the CoinLoan project.
- Daniele Azzaro – having worked for global financial institutions such as the Bank of Scotland, Barclays, and Lloyds, Daniele excels at financial crime prevention and digital innovation. He has several successful marketing-related solutions behind him and currently cooperates with several other ICOs, leading their way to success.
- Arturas Svirskis – Arturas is an expert when it comes to entrepreneurship, business development, and marketing. Since 2014, he has been actively participating in crypto industry, working with services that provided better access to Bitcoins for everyone. Mr. Svirskis is currently the head of business development at Welltrado.
- Boris Otonicar – Boris focuses mainly on blockchain and its design, serving as a blockchain consultant to numerous companies. Apart from coming up with his own models for blockchain, Boris also works at the University of Zurich as a statistic tutor.
Token Distribution Info
At the time of writing this article, there are still 20 days left for the Initial Coin Offering (ICO) to end.
Their currency, CoinLoan Token (CLT) will serve as a type of cryptocurrency that will be used solely within the system.
As they state in their whitepaper, the main purpose of CLT, which can be bought in the ICO, will be to pay loan fees on the platform.
Furthermore, investors will get privileges when it comes to borrowing loans, as they would not have to pay fees to the system.
The project already had its pre-ICO which happened in Q3 of 2017.
At that point, the value ratio between USD and CLT was 1:1. In other words, 1 CoinLoan Token was worth 1 dollar.
If you managed to buy CLT in that period, you’ve made a good deal. 5 million CLT were offered in pre-ICO.
What is more important to us is the ICO which is currently underway and where 15 million CoinLoan Tokens are offered.
The minimum amount needed for the project is projected at 3 million USD. The soft cap amount has already been reached during pre-ICO, and their hard cap is projected at 56 million USD.
Currently, the distributed amount of CLT in their ICO is 90%, which means that they have collected roughly 50 million dollars and that their campaign is more than successful and will likely reach the hard cap.
The CoinLoan team has stated that the price of 1 CLT during ICO will range from 2 USD to 8 USD, depending on the investment.
Since they are close to reaching the hard cap, the current price of 1 CLT is 2 USD.
If the idea seems interesting to you so far, now would be the perfect time to invest and buy CLT, as the ICO will end soon and all the 15 million CLT which were planned for ICO will be sold out.
- 5 million were offered in the Pre-Sale (pre-ICO)
- 15 million are being offered in ICO
- 2 million is reserved for the team and advisors
The CoinLoan team also states in their whitepaper that as much as 50% of the CLT will go to the expansion to the international audience.
15% will go to the platform development and 15% will go for marketing and business development.
10% will serve for the purposes of legal registration and the remaining 10% will serve as the reserve fund.
We believe that this is a fair distribution of funds, but that it lacks a more thorough explanation.
The 50% that goes to expanding the audience is only given a short description that adds „licensing in other countries“.
Although we are not familiar with the licensing costs and processes, we believe that it would be a good idea for the team and the advisors to provide more information on this matter.
Generally speaking, the whitepaper contains all the information that one investor is looking for in order to buy CLT in the ICO. The paper is comprehensible and provides data which favor the project. The only thing that the whitepaper lacks is mentioned in the previous section – a more thorough explanation when it comes to funds spending for expansion.
The roadmap for CoinLoan is pretty simple and straightforward.
They started generating the idea and the market potential back in the last quarter of 2016. 2017 saw the development launch and, so far, they have successfully concluded pre-sale and started their ICO.
We’ve come upon the fact that they started to expand their team during the last part of 2017.
This is generally a great idea, as our criticism towards the team size was expressed in one of the previous sections of this article.
Apart from the team expansion, the project also developed legal structure and submitted documents for licenses at the end of 2017.
When it comes to the future, they plan to finalize the core for the platform and to get all the licenses they need for payment in the second quarter of 2018.
The third quarter is planned for the development of iOS and Android applications and, finally, in 2019 CoinLoan plans to get the licenses and enter the Asian market.
They are doing great so far, and this roadmap, although obscure, provides enough general information on the project’s future.
Pros and Cons
Here is a short overview of all the advantages and disadvantages regarding CoinLoan platform
- Good price for 1 CLT (currently at 2 USD)
- Great and reliable team with the set of advisors who are experts in IT and finance
- The project is already doing great when it comes to ICO (pre-ICO concluded successfully also)
- Original idea for storing crypto assets and lending/borrowing fiat funds
- Potential to go global and have millions of users
- The team is still relatively small for such a big project
- There are no further pieces of information on how funds will be spent
- Possible competition along the way
CoinLoan is certainly a unique way to revolutionize the way people borrow and lend money.
With their interesting idea of storing crypto assets as a security for payment, people worldwide will certainly be interested to be a part of such a project.
The biggest advantage of this platform will be the easy to use interface with which one could deposit and borrow the money.
We believe in the small but up-and-coming team from Estonia and we are sure that they will reach the hard cap for their platform. If you want to be a part of this rocket that is about to be launched, we suggest that you take your time and further investigate the CoinLoan project. Eventually, you will see for yourself that the project is certainly worth the investment. Why not spend some Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin or the fiat currency and position yourself as the CoinLoan investor?